15 January 2008

idle(prattle): milan's man

I usually don't pay much attention to the mens shows, but when I do,  I try tried to look at them in the context of being for the man in my life. But halfway through I am always like "forget him! I like this & this & this..." For example -

Alexander McQueen Fall 2008
I can't imagine on my best day and he on his worst, convincing him to rock this. I on the other hand, I would at least try it on...it just looks so cuddly.



With the men shows, I find myself scoffing at the designs whereas if it were on the womens runway I would probably call it "innovative." It is hard for me to look at the shows with the same eyes because it doesn't apply to me and that means, well...it doesn't apply to me.

I actually do like going in the menswear department. The paisley ties call out to me. There are times where I wish that my man was more fashionable. He describes his style as preppy (pause) even though his closet mostly consists of hoodies, t-shirts, and khakis. And he likes details - off centered zippers, raw edges, geometric shapes. I think since he doesn't own jeans (crazy!), he thinks he can categorise himself as preppy. Right.

Even though we are on totally different wavelengths when it comes to fashion, I appreciate that because [A] I don't have to share a closet [B] I get final say on all things fashion related [C] I don't have to share a closet. As I've mentioned before, he has recently expressed an interest in dressing more...stylish, for lack of a better word. In my perfect world, if he dressed like Graham Norton, he would be my perfect accessory ... shiny, glam & bright. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. And that's okay.


With all of that said, I am making an effort to research mens clothing and the current men's shows are a good source of inspiration. I really liked Cavalli's collection,  If I were to dress my boyfriend,







rom thestylemusings.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...