- Lifetime is making a miniseries about Coco Chanel starring Shirley MacLaine, who will play the designer in her later years. The project even has Karl Lagerfeld's blessing
- Natalie Portman will be designing a line of completely animal-free shoes, to debut in February, for Te Casan.
- Lacoste lost the lawsuit it had against a UK dental practice because Lacoste felt the crocodile logo they used was said too similar to the clothing firm's famous croc. They now have to pay £1,450 towards the dentist's legal costs.
- Gucci is creating a limited-edition collection for Beijing summer games.
- Dolce & Gabbana names Christophe Albarran as president of its U.S. subsidiary.
ALSO READ -
Chicago Tribune: 2008 may test luxury retail market
Wall Street Journal: Why Luxury Will Lose Luster in 2008
Portfolio: Will The Rich Stop Shopping in 2008?
Travel Agent Central: 2008 Trends in the Luxury Market
Telegraph: Breathing new life into luxury
WWD: Luxury's Latest Frontier: Brands Rush to Expand In Surging Middle East