26 August 2009

design(mode): bowtie beaus


I have officially decided that the boys will be wearing bow ties for the wedding. I am very excited about this development, the boys maybe not so much. They rebelled against tuxedos so now I consider us even. I had been pondering the decision for awhile and first looked to the classics for inspiration. I realize that opinions about bow ties are very segregated. You either love them or hate them. I happen to be in the love category. I did an unofficial survey with my boys and asked them what they thought about bow ties in general. Most of their responses were not as positive as I wanted until I mentioned that there was a strong possibility that they would be wearing them for the wedding. They immediately changed their tunes and said that if I was picking them out, then it would be okay. I don't know if it is because my future husband has them trained to just agree with the bride or if they truly trust my fashion sense, but regardless there is no going back.


I got them navy windsor satin ties that just happen to perfectly match the girls' dresses. And none of those pre-knotted ties for my guys. Yes, they are going to have to learn how to tie them, but I have already re-packaged this informative page into a booklet that also includes famous fellas who've braved the bow tie: Abraham Lincoln, Winston Churchill, Albert Einstein, Sigmund Freud, Franklin Roosevelt, Humphrey Bogart, Groucho Marx, Charlie Chaplin, Pee Wee Herman, Mo Rocca, Fred Astaire, Manolo Blahnik, Alber Elbaz, Karl Lagerfeld, Huckleberry Hound, Count Duckula, and Waylon Smithers. Got all the bases covered. I mean if this crop of guys don't make them want to wear a bow tie, I don't know what will. Well, maybe you'll find further inspiration below. Oh, and I even included the best video I've found so far on how to tie one.













from courtneyalbertweiss.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...