19 December 2007

design(mode): kai milla

Knotted Caftan
I was looking through the Vivre 2007 gift catalog and saw this Knotted Caftan and One-Shoulder Jersey Top both by designer Kai Milla. They are very simple, but still caught my eye.


One-Shoulder Jersey Top - front & back views
Now through Dec. 31st, if you buy any Kai Milla, Vivre will contribute 10% of each sale to the Name Campaign—an effort to raise awareness of the Northern Uganda conflict, in which over 20,000 children have been abducted from their homes over the last three years.

I decided to do a little research on this designer and she has a background as a graphic designer and her signature is comfortable architectural draping. She is also the the wife of Stevie Wonder.

Below are eight looks that I liked from her Spring 2008 show. I like them for their simplicity and  monochrome details. I wear a majority of solid colors, as opposed to patterns, so I instantly liked the overall collection. Plus, I feel like they are wearable straight off the runway, to the office and afterwards.



photos from vivre and elle

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...