20 August 2007

front(lines): central department store



I don't know quite what to say about this. It reminds me of the mock debate I had in school about whether companies advertising directly to kids are committing a moral wrong. I had to defend the business position so I argued it was the role of parents to teach their children about the difference between reality and advertising. But seriously...sometimes I can't tell the difference.

The billboard above is dedicated to school year preparations in Moscow and has a little girl getting ready for school, while talking to her old toys. She says,
‘I’m going to school! Now I think only of frocks and frills and don’t need you, two losers! Daddy, if you love me, buy me shoes, a dress and a hat! Dolce & Gabbana, Armani and Prada!’ 
Recently, visitors of the shop featuring the billboard noticed that all the word by the characters were taped up. The Russian Advertisement Investigation Department is investigating the billboard.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...